Reesha’s Quote Wall
At Woden Early Childhood Centre we are working on Gratitude and the importance children developing a sense of appreciation. Many of the quotes we find are truly helpful in reminding us how fortunate we are.
- "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend". - Melody Beattie
- "The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. Friedrich Nietzsche
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us". - Albert Schweitzer
- "I don't have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness - its right in front of me if I'm paying attention and practicing gratitude". - Brene Brown
- "Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for". - Zig Ziglar
- "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others". -Marcus Tullius Cicero
The other love at WECC is Nature – We believe that children should know the earth and spend quality time outdoors enjoying what Nature offers us. Therefore on this page we will share quotes of inspiration.
- "Nature's beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude". - Louie Schwartzberg
- " Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair". - Khalil Gibran
- "Let the children be free; encourage them; let them run outside when it is raining; ;et them remove their shoes when they find a puddle of water; and when the grass of the meadow is wet with dew, let them run on it and trample it with their bare feet; let them rest peacefully when a tree invites them to sleep beneath its shade; let them shout and laugh when the sun wakes them in the morning". - Maria Montessori
- "Kids don't remember their best day of television". - Unknown
- "It is hard to imagine how this next generation is going to save the environment if they haven't actually spent time in it". - Play Outdoors
- "Rough and uneven surfaces, provide opportunities for the development of physical, balance and coordination". - Claire Warden
- "If nothing changed there'd be no butterflies" - Unknown